I do now know about you, but I am tired of being a Facebook revolutionist. I am tired of posting links that you could have found on your own. I am tired of “liking” your links. I am tired of showing sympathy and affinity to the cause. I am tired of reallocating the responsibility, because that is what email and posting is, placing the responsibility of doing something on someone else.
So, rather than be a spectator why not do something that matters. For those of us living outside the middle eastern countries that are going through unrest now, one of the things that we can do is help change international policies to pressure the dictatorships of the middle east to leave and let the people live happily ever after.
We are calling on all the Facebook revolutionist, all the Arabs and all the decent people around the world to join us. Let us work together to achieve a goal. Let us be the “other” person whom we keep sending these emails to and posting stuff for. I
f you have plan, we would love to hear from you. If not, then please join ours. We are calling on everyone to send a letter/email the white house on Monday the 22nd. If you are using sail mail, you need to send it 5 days in advance. We would like to get burst of about 100,000(1,2) letters/email urging president Obama to label Bashar Assad (current president of Syria) as a terrorist and a war criminal. We like the US to make it clear that Syria has passed the point of no return and that the only solution now is for Assad to step down.
The email can be short and to the point. Speaking of which, here are some starting ideas:
- Syria cannot be a viable member of the international community, unless its healthy politically and economically.
- Democratic and free Syria can be a great ally to the United States.
- Syria cannot a long time peace partner unless it can sustain peace inside.
- Syria has been ruled by the same family for the last 40 years and has lived under one of the worst dictatorships in modern history all that time.
- Over the last 40 years mascaras and atrocities have been committed against Syrians by their own government and own Army.
- The current president, Bashar Assad, is a terrorist who has killed more than two thousand people, arrested tens of thousands, and annihilated full neighborhoods over the last 6 months.
- Bashar Assad, his government and lieutenants must be held responsible for all the crimes they are committing against their own people.
- Aside from using tanks and cannons to wipe of cities and kill innocent civilians demonstrating for freedom, the current government has done nothing to rectify the dire situation.
- A government that kills its own people, terrorize its own citizens, lie to the international community, make threatens to neighboring countries, can no longer be legitimate and in power to lead its people. This government is done.
- Like Egyptians, Syrian diverse to join the 21st century and be a free a democratic country.
- The wind of change has arrived. This government is falling, and it is a matter of time. There is no need to prolong the suffering and pain of people.
- International intervention is a must now. This is no longer a political dilemma rather and humanitarian dilemma.
- As an advocate for freedom and democracy the United States is obligated to morally to help end the current Syrian terrorist regime and help the Syrian people become a productive and peaceful free democratic society.
Feel free to mix and match or go solo, but please help your fellow human being. All we are asking is about 5 minutes of your time. You can compose your email any time and save it as a draft, then send it on Monday the 22nd (by 3pm eastern). Here is the White House contact page.
We also need your help in spreading the word around to those who support democracy and freedom and feel strongly against brutality and dictatorship. This is the reason why we have the above target date, so we can gather momentum and leave enough time for the word to go out.
Thank you for your help and time in advance.
- Estimated 10 million Syrians live outside Syrian. 100,000 is merely 1% of that number. It is very doable, we just have to get going.
- If you do not have a US zip code, you cannot use the form online. But you can still call the white house at 202-456-1111or fax your letter to 202-456-2461. You can even use one of many free email-2-fax services available on line, such as myFax(*), to either copy and paste your fax or load a whole file to be faxed. It is as smooth as using an email and probably even more effective.
* We are not endorsing mFax by any means or getting a kickback from any service. You are more than welcomed to find your own service, and if you like it, please let us know about it so we can reference them in the future.